Bonus! Arlan's chat with Mark Cuban
Arlan interviewed Mark on April 4, 2020. Approx 600 people watched live.
If you only have 5 mins for this lesson, watch from 17mins - 22mins for a HUGE key!
- Arlan asks Mark how he’s experiencing the crisis as a billionaire: “Nobody escapes this. It’s not like I’m in this little bubble and I don’t care. It’s stressing me out. I haven’t been able to sleep.”
- Mark tells us why now is a good time to start a business (hint: it’s not for the money)
- Arlan asks Mark what advice he offers to people who were just laid off
- What Arlan and Mark think are the best types of equity
- We talk about the network effect of raising people up
- Why Mark recommends entrepreneurs look to their own community needs first: “You don’t have to be the leader to be a leader.”
- We discuss why it’s important to continuously learn (especially now)
- Mark talks about working from home while being a parent of three kids
- Mark answers your questions about what graduating college students should do, what the hiring process currently looks like, and whether entrepreneurs should re-enter the work force
Activities to Apply Your New Knowledge
- How can I help others?
- What problems can I solve for others?
- What help do I need?
- Where can I get that help?
- Can I bootstrap?
- Why not you?
- Communicate, be honest and transparent about where you are and ask for help
- For a good reputation, do the right thing
- Your First MillionBuild relationships with investors now. You can do this via email. Calls are not needed.
- Bootstrap as much as you can
- Make decisions, even if you know don’t know everything, and learn as you go
- Learn continuously
- Negotiate everything
- Hire slow and fire fast